Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday: My Bookish Problems
Oh gosh, woe is me, I have so many bookish problems. The Broke and the Bookish asked and now you, my readers, get to hear me vent about how hard life is when you're a book lover! Ready?
Top Ten Bookish Problems
1. Once upon a time I started a blog and created a Twitter and made an online presence. And I used my nickname, which has been fun and I've totally embraced it and it's weird enough to stick in people's heads, including authors. But now that I'm writing my own book, how do I market myself? Still with the nickname? I don't know why, but this is a problem that seems to be coming up lately and I'm not sure how I should solve it.
2. Another problem? Having ARC books in paper back or ebook and then getting the hardback for future books. Gah, what's a book fanatic to do?
3. And when I do get those books, where do I put them? There's only so much room in one house, am I right?
4. I have so many book signings and author events to go to, I just can't keep up. My family rolls their eyes and says, "What? Another one?" And I say, "Yes, it's hard thing, but someone has to do it!" My life, it's all running from one signing, to a conference to another signing, one after another. I'm like a chicken with its head cut off!
5. And when I go to these signings, you know what that means, right? BUYING ANOTHER BOOK! I have so many books.. so so many books from signings that are sitting there unread. It's sad, it's pathetic, it's stressful. It's SUCH a problem. And do I have money to just throw away on. . . gasp. . . books? It looks like I must have.
6. Speaking of events and getting new books, it seems like I'll meet these new-to-me authors, then look them up on Amazon and what do you know but they have some free ebooks there! And of course, someone needs to read them and then review them and let the world know about even more of our local Utah authors. Why not me? Download, download, download. I just know I'm going to be able to fit them in!
7. You know when someone sends you a personal pitch? And they sound so nice? And so normal? And their book sounds fun? And like something you might actually like? So you say yes? Download download download. Seriously, I can totally fit this in. I know it.
8. Wait! But first I need to read the book (and in some cases like this month... books plural) for book club! And if I've already read it, you know, I'll just go ahead and re-read it. Because most likely that book was read years ago and I can't remember a thing. I'm going to squeeze in these re-reads just before the ebooks and after the newly acquired books.
9. BAM! Slump. You know what. I don't really feel like reading ANY of these books after all.
10. Besides, how can I actually READ when I need to be blogging about reading, and writing my own book then blogging about that, and keeping up on all the TV shows, then blogging about that, and teaching a kid how to drive, and helping another kid with a huge French presentation and talking him through an anxiety attack, and going to work, and hosting a birthday dinner, attending a funeral, doing laundry, dejunking the house, figuring out a WEEK LONG Bloggiesta coming up soon, stressing about food always, oh wait, I should do some Zumba...every day! No, drop everything, I must chat on Twitter now! Oh, it's GNO night you say? PARTY! I'm out of here! But first, I must write this letter, as it's Letter Month you know. A letter a day and all. Wait, how many books did I say I needed to read? Okay, fine, I guess I just won't sleep. . . .
Alas, life is so hard when you're a book fanatic!!