Monday, February 2, 2015

January 2015 Reading Recap

View out my backyard.
My mountain looks good in pink!

Wow, one month of 2015 down! How crazy is that? 

Here's what I read this month:

The Bishop's Wife by Mette Ivie Harrison: Linda, a Mormon bishop's wife, gets involved in a neighborhood mystery.

Joy Street by Laura Foley: The author shares snippets of her life in verse.

The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor: Bettina thinks she's found a perfect boyfriend, but then he changes and things are to the point where now and then she needs a place to escape, which ends up being the car shop next to the school where Cowboy works.

Splintered by A.G. Howard: A pretty fun and crazy retelling of Alice in Wonderland. Alyssa must go back to Wonderland to break the curse put on her great great grandma, Alice.

The Elite by Kiera Cass: America is still fighting to be The One for Prince Maxon in a Bachlorette type dystopian contest. 

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell: Margaret moves from the laid back and peaceful south of England to the hardworking industrial north. There, she learns things about herself, her family, the general way of the world, and falls in love with the local cotton mill owner. 

Favorites of the month: North and South, The Things You Kiss Goodbye

Plans for February:

  • Finish Shutter.
  • Finish Half Bad.
  • Read both ignite books... Ignite AND Ignite Me.
  • Perhaps re-read For Darkness Shows the Start and Persuasion for book club.
  • Read Love, Lucas by Chantele Sedgewick
  • Hopefully get to Wonder and Life After Life, waiting on the nightstand!
I can't remember what else, but that's a good start, don't you think?

How did your reading month go?


8 comments:

  1. Ha! I love how you said both Ignite books. I was all like, "They're Defy books," lol. Then I saw what you meant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: Yeah, there's two Ignite books I'm dying to read!

      Delete
  2. I think I only read 4 books in January. It would have been more if I wasn't stuck on the book I'm reading. You had a had a good month. Great start to the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous view!
    You had a good month for books! Happy February reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great start to the year! I didn't do too badly, although I did read a lot of graphic novels, and they're definitely shorter and quicker to read. Another surprise was not listening to as many audiobooks as I normally do in a month but I made up for it by reading fairly steadily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like 2015 is off to a good start! Happy reading in February.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails