Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Walking Dead Discussion: S5E1 No Sanctuary (SPOILERS)


Back in the day when I first started blogging,  I remember doing a weekly update on one of my favorite shows... Heroes! Anyone remember and watch Heroes? There was always so much to talk about and so much to vent about, so I wrote venting/gushing posts every week.

Now that I plan to watch this season of The Walking Dead live with the world (sort of) I wonder about doing the same thing with that show. So I think I'll give it a shot and see if anyone comes to vent/gush/talk with me.

Of course, these posts will NOT be spoiler free. That's the whole point.. to talk freely about the show, so hopefully if you watch and discuss with me, you'll remember to watch first. :)

What do you think? Should we go for it?

All summer long the words "they're screwing with the wrong people" echoed in  my mind and I  was so excited to see how Rick and company would defend themselves and overcome when it seemed so impossible. I was so scared and nervous to sit down and watch this episode. I heard that the first few minutes were going to be RUTHLESS!

And they were! What did you think? Was it too much for TV? I had to hide my eyes of course. I hide my eyes a lot during this show. Hopefully that just means I'm normal.

I heard too, (probably on Talking Dead later) that our actors didn't really know what was coming with this blood letting/trough scene. And so their reactions are genuine and not necessarily acting. I love that.

Of course, all is well and they don't experience their own throat cutting! Whew! ( But sheesh, you never know, right? Because ANYONE could be killed off at ANYTIME!! So scary!)

And then Rick becomes his crazy out-of-control kill-all self and bam, they are out of there! But first, they must save people! Only, they save a bad guy! Dang.


Then, in the meantime, there's Carol. Were you not just totally cheering for her? I mean, I couldn't get out of my head what she was like that first season, and now. Wow. I loved it!

And then, meanwhile, back with the baby. (Someone mentioned her clothes and I agree... she looked a little too well dressed for a zombie apocalypse, don't you think?) And if ANYONE touches a baby like they are going to kill her... oh buddy. It is so over! Way to go Tyreese!

Watching all our heroes climbing over that fence... it was awesome. I was like... YES! But before that... seeing them wield their makeshift weapons on the walkers and the bad guys? Double yes!

What did you think about the back story of the people at Terminus? Did it make you feel for them? Did they have any sympathy from you at all? You know, this is what makes this show so great, showing exactly HOW people start doing these terrible things. It makes me so crazy to think that people could actually end up this bad. Do you think they can? Is it realistic to be showing that people can come to this level? Or the governor's level? Is that really possible?

And is it any justification that because they had their own bad moments they can then turn so brutally on others? Frankly, I don't think so. I just don't see it being at all okay.

Anyway, I think that was one of the main things we were meant to decide and think about after seeing this episode.



But... now... the best part. Daryl looks up. And there's Carol. And.. and... and...he RUNS to her! Ah, the swooniness! And then, not only do they hug forever, but once it's over, he looks at her and then puts his head on her shoulder. That killed me. I loved that so so much. And then Rick sees the baby. And Rick and Carl run to HER! So sweet. Life is happy! All reunited! On to Washington!

Except. What about Beth? And Morgan?

Great start to a great new season!  What did you think?







9 comments:

  1. This was the best season opener ever!i figured they were going to make us wait a bit before finally letting Rick find out Judith was alive. I was just so thrilled. And sigh....I just adore Daryl so that part was great too. I am so nervous to see what is going to happen next o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha: Yes, I'm so glad they didn't make us wait so long to get everyone together again. What do you think will happen next? What will they be dealing with this time around?

      Delete
  2. I have always watched on Netflix and been behind but this season I decided I would watch live so I'm excited to come here and vent. The first is still sitting on my DVR but now I'll have a reason to watch them right away so I can hop on over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess: Do come back let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, best season premiere EVER. So satisfying on so many levels! Carol was so bad ass, I can't believe her character is not getting the credit she deserves. This woman was an abused housewife and now look at her! And those reunions between Carol/Darryl and Rick/Carl/Judith ... heartbreaking and joyful at the same time. I love this show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebook: Yes... the Carol transformation is awesome. I love it!

      Delete
  5. Wow! Just wow! I really thought they would drag out Terminus but NO! I'm not gonna lie, the episode and the whole idea that it's not the zombies they have to fear any more-it's other humans made me a little sick to my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy: I know! We were expecting that to be most of the season or something. and now what? DC? Yes, the zombies are all normal now.. it's the scary survivors. Seriously? It makes me crazy to think that people would REALLY this bad!!

      Delete
  6. I am FINALLY getting caught up on a little blog reading (though I probably should be writing since I am alone in my house right now!). I've been saving so many posts to read from you, so bear with me. I knew that I could not read all of TWD comments!

    First thing I have to say is that I loved Heroes and miss it so much!! Such a great show and so disappointing that it was cancelled. I've got high expectations for the special coming next year.

    Now for TWD . . . I didn't know the actors didn't know what was coming! I don't watch The Talking Dead, but that is pretty amazing that those were their genuine reactions.

    I love Carol!

    I have no sympathy for the people of Terminus. No matter the circumstances, you can still be good people (refer to Rick's group here!) and survive. You've still got to stick my your morals!

    Off to go read more of your posts!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails