Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-me Authors of 2013
The Broke and the Bookish asks us today, what new authors did we discover this past year?
So I looked over my list and I've got a bunch of authors that I never read before that I quite loved. Here's a few:
1. Tahereh Mafi: Her first book was just okay, but I loved her the second one, Unravel Me.
2. Rick Yancey: His book, The 5th Wave, just might go down as my favorite of the year!
3. Rainbow Rowell: So much buzz with her and I enjoyed Fangirl, though I've a feeling I might like her others better.
4. Marie Lu: I heard of her last year, but didn't read her until this past month and was blown away.
5. Maria V. Snyder: Why did it take me so long to read Poison Study, and why is it taking me so long to read the next books in the series?
6. Laini Taylor: Loved the first one, and the second one is waiting!
7. Michelle Argyle: Local author whose books I devoured this year.
8. Jess Walter: Really awesome book, Beautiful Ruins.
9. Ruta Sepetys: I need to read her other book. First one, Between Shades of Gray was fabulous.
10. Lauren Graham: Do you think she'll write another?
What authors did you discover this year?