Yeah, right. Maybe I'll try for January on that.
One of the most interesting parts of writing is learning all the stuff you don't know. And then using our lovely Google to figure it out. Kathy from Read This Instead shared some of her searches with you this week. And I've seem some fun Nanowrimo forums where people go on and on with the interesting things they are looking up. So I thought I'd join the party list a few of my searches for you too.
Things I've been learning about:
- pink cowboy boots
- horse riding terms
- poisonous pipe smoke
- the Navajo skinwalker legend
- Native American stories for the constellations
- marriage and relationships among cousins
- the Homestead Act
- the history of Memorial Day
- The Witchery Way
- Paul Revere and the Raiders
- usage of the term "pertnear"
Fun stuff, yes? I hope to make that list even more interesting before it's over! One week left! I can do this!