Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Book Turn Offs
Today's prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish is to list things that totally turn us off during the reading of a book. Hmmm, I guess I'll just start listing and see what comes to me!
Top Ten Turn Offs!
1. Preaching of any kind
2. When I suddenly notice that there's a big author agenda happening! Ugh.
3. One of the examples for the prompt was absent parents, and I would have to say YES to this one.
4. Whiny chick lit characters
5. Unnecessary descriptive words and adverbs, show don't tell!
6. Romantic moments that leave nothing to the imagination!
8. F bombs, they are rarely necessary and are usually for shock factor. I don't need that.
9. Too much explanation which tends to make me feel like the author thinks I'm really really dumb.
10. No character development at all. That'll be one sad book....
How about you? What are your book turn offs?