Books I Had a Strong Emotional Reaction To
1. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck... one of the first books that I remember really making me weepy at the end.
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak... all sorts of emotions in this one, but sadness is also a big one.
3. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card... one of the first books that made my jaw drop at the end and I remember thinking ... what the heck did I just read?
4. Virgil and Beatrice by Yann Martel... I wanted to throw this one across the room it made me so crazy.
5. Life of Pi by Yann Martel... another one where the ending made me go "wait, what?" in a big big way.
6. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck...this book makes me more frustrated than nearly any other book I've read.
7. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.... this one makes me weepy too. Also frustrated.
8. The Wimpy Kid books by Jeff Kinney... these books never fail to make me laugh out loud, and I rarely laugh out loud at a book.
9. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness... I don't even know what emotion to pin down on this one. All of them really! Well, except laughing because there is nothing funny about these books.
10. The Nanny Diaries by a couple of girls... so I threw one in that I really quite hated just so you know there ARE those kinds and this one I was disgusted over... both because of the story itself and the writing and just the whole thing. CRINGE.
What books have you reacted strongly to?