Top Ten Books I Want to Re-read
1. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.... because the first time through I didn't understand a thing, the second time through I loved it and I kind of want to see if I love it again a third time through, and also to determine if my ability to read classics truly is diminishing.
2. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.... same reasons as above plus I want to see if my fascination with Sydney Carton has held up over the years.
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.... because it's been a few years now which means it's time for a re-read!
4. Life of Pi by Yann Martel.... because I wonder if having already read this book would make it not as good as the first time through... or make it better.
5. The Enchanted Cup by Dorothy Roberts... because this is one of the first books I remember reading as a teen that blew me away with it's tragic love story and I'd love to find it and read it again.
6. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.... because I can't remember all the fascinating details that were found in this book and I want to remember!
7. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley... because I want to see if I really like it has much as I thought I did.
8. The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart.... because this is where my love for all things King Arthur and Merlin began and it would be a blast to revisit.
9. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot... because after our recent read (re-read) of Middlemarch, it would be fun to read this one again too to see if I truly do like it better than Middlemarch.
10. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.... because this was my first of his books which started the love affair with them all.... and I can't even remember much about it!
What books do you want to re-read right now?