Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I'm Dying For

Today over at The Broke and the Bookish we are prompted to list ten authors, alive or dead, that we are DYING to meet! So I cheated, which is just too much fun to do with these lists sometimes:

Ten Living Authors I'm Dying to Meet

1. Markus Zusak: Okay fine. So I already met him. He's still on my list, 'cause I'm DYING to do it all over again!
2. Neal Shusterman: This would be awesome.
3. John Green: Even awesomer (that's just a new word I made up in case you wondered) I think.
4. Meg Cabot: She would be a crack up.
5. Stephen King: I'm not a big reader of his, but I still think he'd be fascinating to meet.
6. Neil Gaiman: Same goes for this author.
7. Robin McKinley: I wonder what she is like in real life.
8. Maeve Binchy: I bet she has a cool accent.
9. Suzanne Collins: Of course!
10. Judy Blume: So cool!

Ten Dead Authors I'll Meet When I Die!

1. Jane Austen: It goes without saying.
2. Louisa May Alcott: She had an interesting life, did she not?
3. Wilkie Collins: I almost wrote Charles Dickens, but I've opted for his lesser known, but wittier friend.
4. Mark Twain: He would be a blast!
5. John Steinbeck: Another fascinating sort I'm sure.
6. JRR Tolkien: I bet I wouldn't understand a word he said.
7. Emily Bronte: The person who wrote Wuthering Heights? That's GOT to be interesting!
8. Victor Hugo: To find out where Les Mis comes from. That would be cool.
9. Anya Seton: Have loved her books forever.
10. Laura Ingalls Wilder: A childhood hero.

Who would you put on your list?


  1. Jane Austen would be at the top of my list too!

  2. I love Anya Seton's books too. Good list.

  3. Laura Ingalls Wilder would be fun. I'd want to know how much was real and how much was her imagination.

  4. I split my list into living and not living authors too. But, I still only had ten total (with a couple of honorable mentions).

  5. Ooh, the divided list was a good idea. 'Course, that would have taken me twice as long.

    Great lists with lots of great choices! I had some of yours and thought of others, but totally spaced on Tolkien and Dickens. Oops.

  6. Loved both your lists!

    9/10 in my list are dead poets/authors!

    Here is my Top Ten post!

  7. LOL, I almost put Markus on my list for the exact same reason. ;)

  8. I'd love to meet John Green and Robin McKinley too! They seem like cool people on their blogs/vlogs. :)

  9. I love your lists, particularly that you included Stephen King and Laura Ingalls Wilder! So diverse, but yet sooooo good!! :)



Related Posts with Thumbnails