Once again, Julie (A Small Accomplishment) has come up with a creative list theme.... what hazards are involved with being a reader....so here's my stab at it:
1. Heavy Lid Syndrome: Don't you hate it when you sit down to read and then suddenly, you find your eyes just refuse to stay open?
2. Turning Blue: I find that if I sit still for very long somehow I'm suddenly freezing. What's up with that? Old age you say? No way!
3. Child Neglect: "Hey Mom, can you tuck me in now?" "MOM!! I need help!" "Mom? Where's my book/shoes/keys/phone/food/?" Mom says, "Will you PLEASE leave me alone... I'm reading!!!"
4. Oh My Aching Neck: Do you ever have a problem getting you head positioned just right and comfortable for reading?
5. Dirty House: because why clean when you can read?
6. Telephone Torture: Do you find that as soon as you finally have a moment to read, you sit down, get all comfortable, then the telephone rings?
7. Too Many Books and Not Enough Time: quite the cliche phrase, but so very very true. And if anyone ever says "there's nothing to read' in my presence.... beware.
8. The Headache: the age old "I've been reading too much" ailment. But why let a little headache stop you? That's what ibuprofen is for!
9. Guilty Guilty Guilty: there's that constant voice inside my head that I'm always ignoring, you know, that one that says, "Seriously! Shouldn't you be doing something else!?"
10. Emotional Overload: I have told you I sometimes get a bit wrapped up and involved in my book reading, right?
Join us and make your own list! Let me know if you do, so I can come see.