Thursday, January 17, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Let's Review


Booking Through Thursday

This week’s question is suggested by Puss Reboots:

How much do reviews (good and bad) affect your choice of reading? If you see a bad review of a book you wanted to read, do you still read it? If you see a good review of a book you’re sure you won’t like, do you change your mind and give the book a try?

It's hard to figure out how reviews affect me. Hmmm.... I think if I see a bad review about a book I really wanted to read, I'll probably still read it... unless I see an overwhelmingly amount of bad reviews on the same book. Then, I may change my mind. But just one or two? I probably would still go for it.


I imagine the same goes for the other way around. If I don't think I'd like it... but there's TONS of people talking about it and raving about it, I may go for it. However, there's been some that I still hold off on, even with the buzz, so I don't know...

1 comment:

  1. Buzz around a book can set me off from reading it. Happy BTT.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails