Friday, September 7, 2007

Preparing for the Book Fair


The job I've had in the PTA for the past six years or so has been to head up the book fair. We usually do a Scholastic book fair and have a great time promoting it, doing book talks for the kids, and running it for two different weeks in during the year.


So, it's coming up again in October and we've been given the list of books that Scholastic will be pushing this time around. Today, I went to track down a few of them at the library. I wasn't very successful, but I did come home with these books:


Incantation by Alice Hoffman

Things Hoped For by Andrew Clements

The Old Willis Place by Mary Downing Han

Code Orange by Caroline B. Cooney


Ones I put on hold:


Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

Igraine the Brave by Cornelia FUnke

Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell

Paint the Wind by Pam Munoz Ryan

Rules by Cynthia Lord

The Homework Machine by Dan Cutman

Diary of a Whimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Flush by Carl Hiaasen


And now I just realized that Things Hoped For is a sequel so I need to go back for:

Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements


So, that should keep me busy for the next little bit!


It's kind of like my own little intense month-long book challenge... to read as many new-ish YA novels advertised by Sholastic Book Fairs as I can!


Anyone read any of these and have anything to say about them?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails