Genre: YA romance
Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐
I was lucky enough to get approved for an ARC from Netgalley for this one I read it this past week while on the Oregon Coast. It's very similar in feel to all other Lynn Painter books which means a fun, banter-y romance that has me constantly turning the pages.
This one is about our girl who ends up getting an inheritance from someone her family befriended and they end up moving from their small town in Nebraska to a huge mansion in the middle of New York City.
The person who bequeathed this to them happens to be the uncle of our boy. And he is not at ALL happy with the situation. And then it turns out these two are in the same grade in the same school and he ends up tutoring her in math.
He thinks of it as a sort of joke or way to see what's going on with her and her family, but then he falls fast and hard for her. He is a pretty smug sort of dude, so it's fun to see this happen to him. And to get to know the better, and softer.. side of him. I loved that.
So much banter! Did I say that already!? I love all the banter in Lynn Painter books. Definitely my favorite part. This book also had the added joy of being set in New York in the fall, so that was cool.
Anyway I really enjoyed it a lot as expected. One disclaimer I'd like to throw out there, I see Lynn Painter books being recommended all the time for young teens as a good clean romances. Which they are for the most part, but they (this one especially) are full of F-bombs, so if that's not something you want for your younger teens looking for romances to read, be warned.
This one comes out tomorrow, September 29!
No comments:
Post a Comment