Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Book Review: Beautiful Melody

Book: Beautiful Melody by Trish Milburn

Genre: kpop idol romance

Rating: ★ ★ ★ 


I'm still trying to catch up with this series! This is book five in the Idol in Love series wherein each book a different member of this fictional kpop band is highlighted... specifically their love story. It's so much fun. And like I've said before, I am in love with this band now as if they were real! 

In this book, our leader Chim finally gets his story. He's off to see a childhood friend's wedding, and he goes against the rules and attends without his people, his entourage... which turns out to be a bit of a mistake. 

All his childhood friends attend this event, including a girl who he has lost touch with after she moved to the US. She is now back in Korea and when he sees her at the wedding he's all... wow... she grew up well! And of course she is thinking the same thing about him. She knows he's become this famous dude, and has sort of paid attention, but when she sees him in person she's all.. wow... he's is TEN TIMES better in real life and... can this even be the same dude??

And so they reconnect and it's wonderful... until the paparazzi gets wind of things because of bad security situation and bam... suddenly everything is this HUGE scandal. So how are these two supposed to connect now that they are being watched constantly, and if they don't want Chim's career to be ruined? (It's so crazy that this is true to what really happens in the kpop world... dating is a massive scandal and can totally ruin careers... unbelievable.) 

These books are such fun fast reads! I look forward to slipping them in between all the other books I'm trying to get read. The next book is the last that will be dealing with this group and we'll get the stories of the two remaining members. I'm particularly concerned about them so I want to jump into reading this one ASAP! 

And Trish has just released the 7th book, in which we switch over to learning about the "rival: group of these guys that we've fallen in love with! How fun is that! 

Trish uses a real life kpop dude as visual inspiration for all her books. I don't know who Chim was for her but I find it fun to try and think up my own visual inspiration as I'm reading. Chim was a little harder for me to peg though...hmmm.... (which I actually love that they become their own person in my mind, you know? I'm telling you, this is a real band for me!)

I'll think I'll go with Yonghoon from ONEWE for my Chim! What do you think Trish? Does he fit or not? LOL!





2 comments:

  1. That's a great choice for Chim, and I may need to use Yonghoon for a future inspiration. His voice is so beautiful. The actual person I was inspired by was Suho from EXO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I feel like now I remember you mentioning Suho! Yeah, he's one of the EXO guys that I haven't "bonded" with as much... lol. Anyway, I will look forward to Yonghoon in a novel! That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails