Saturday, July 11, 2020

Book Review: Make My Heart Sing (An Idol in Love 2) by Trish Milburn

Book: Make My Heart Sing (An Idol in Love 2) by Trish Milburn
Genre: kpop romance
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★


As mentioned in the review for the first book, this is a series where each book will feature a different member of this fictional kpop boy group and how that member finds love. Such a fun premise! So in this book 2, we get to know Wook better... described as quiet and shy, tall and lanky, with a killer sweet voice. Just that description put a real life idol instantly into my head. But more on that later.

In the first book a character was briefly introduced, the girl who works at the cafe in the building where the group lives. So I knew she would be featured in later books, and so it was fun that she is the main character right away in this next book! She has her eye on Wook, but she is afraid to show any fangirl-ness because... how embarrassing! Also her boss is very much against it. So when Wook comes to the cafe, she has to act very nonchalant, even though she is freaking out inside. I love this conflict.

But at the same time, Wook has his eye on her. And he loves how she makes him feel like a normal guy.

So of course, somehow they manage to get together. And then have to fight those feelings because they both are afraid of ruining each other's lives, especially seeing how it went down with the romance from the first book.

But they then fight through THOSE feelings and figure out how to make it work. This particular story line features getting away to a lovely home in the country, a setting which I absolutely loved. And now when I go to Korea next time, I need to find an airbnb in the country in a traditional Korean house. Add that to the list!

Anyway, after finishing this book, I tweeted that I'm pretty sure Wook would be my bias if this group were a real group. Trish saw this tweet and asked me if I could guess which real life idol inspired this character, so I told her my guess...and I was right! No wonder I felt like this character would be my bias!

So let me introduce you to Leo (from VIXX), one of my all time favorite kpop boys:




And Leo singing:



So if you ever happen to read this book, you can totally picture Leo as Wook and will be pretty much spot on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails