Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Book Review: Dreamology by Lucy Keating

Book: Dreamolgy by Lucy Keating
Genre: YA Fantasy-ish
Rating: ★ ★ ★

This is another book I randomly bought at the store with a gift certificate. It's been sitting on my nightstand forever and I finally fit it in. :)

It's an interesting premise. Two kids who had nightmares were both taken to a dream/sleep center, and after that, something happened that caused them to dream of each other. Dreams that they had totally in common and remembered.

When the girl moves to a new city, at school she discovers that the guy from her dreams goes to her school. She comes face to face with him and is blown away!

At first, it's pretty weird, but they become friends and talk about all the wierdness. But then they realize that they have to "get fixed" or they will lose their hold on reality forever.

So. I mean. I enjoyed it, but it felt a little flat to me and I'm not sure why. It was just one of those books where I wasn't as invested or emotionally attached as I could have been, you know? I think the intensity could have been ratcheted up quite a bit.

But it was cute and the dreams were crazy and fun. And as I said, the premise was intriguing. So. I definitely enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. It is so frustrating when the idea for a story is amazing, but the delivery is flat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails