Wednesday, October 4, 2017

The Readathon is TEN YEARS OLD!



How can it be ten years since this event first happened? I remember it. I was here. BUT, I thought reading for 24 hours straight was a CRAZY idea and it took me a few times before I joined this most awesome party. I can't remember when I first participated... maybe I can find it. Nope, I can't seem to but I think the first year I participated was maybe 2009? I don't know, but it quickly became an event that we looked forward to around here like Christmas. I can't believe I pooh poohed it those first few years!

And now, it's been awhile (about a year I think) since I've been able to participate. (They are always scheduled at the same time as fall and spring breaks! AH!) But it appears there is no conflict this year! So I've signed up!

Have you signed up yet? Here's the link: Readathon Sign Ups.

Ten years. I'm so proud and happy for those of you who have kept this thing going all this time. I know it's not easy. I've been a part of trying to keep things going and so I know. It's hard! Thank you so much for that!!!

As part of the celebration, some of us are participating in an Instagram challenge leading up to this year's event. #30daysofreadathon Here's some of my pictures so far.

Alternative.

Graphic.

Best.

Blue.

Space.

Snack.

Short.

Red.



I'm struggling with today's prompt though. Listen. I don't listen to books, I listen to music. Should I share music on a book challenge? Ah. The struggle!

Anyway, here's to Dewey's Readathon! Here's to Dewey for thinking it up ten years ago! Here's to everyone who makes it happen every year! Here's to reading!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck! Thanks for the heads up on Dewey's 24 hour readathon, I just signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe it's been 10 years! I hope I can participate this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe, isn’t it? I think my first readathon was 2009. I was a bit behind

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad you're participating this year! I like all the pictures you've taken so far. I've only taken one ... on the first day, lol. Life is just so busy/uncertain for me right now. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails