Thursday, December 1, 2016

Movie Review: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Movie: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Genre: Harry Potter (that's its own genre now, right?)
Starring: Eddie Redmayne, Colin Farrell
Rating: PG 13
My Rating: two thumbs


We went in the late afternoon to this movie. I was kinda tired and the first half was a struggle for me to keep my eyes open. Very slow. And Eddie, I love him, but... man he is hard to understand sometimes. These days, I'm used to subtitles and he really could have used some subtitles!!!

That being said, it was a fun movie, with awesome creatures and some pretty cool special effects. And I enjoyed the familiar music.

I'm afraid I don't know my Harry Potter history quite well enough to have made the connections I think I was supposed to make between this story and the books. But even so, it's cool to know there are the connections.

The "no maj"... and already I've forgotten the character's name

My favorite bits in the movie was the other dude actually, the baker dude. The "no maj." He was great! And I got a bit weepy in the end when... well, you know that one part at the end where rain is involved.

Anyway, I don't really have much else to say except Harry Potter fans should really go! And also, there's a little surprise at the end that somehow wasn't spoiled for us. And it was awesome.

Here's the trailer in case you've missed it somehow:


4 comments:

  1. We just saw this too and I was bored out of my mind! Sigh! Oh well. And we didn't stay through the credits. Was there something after them or are you talking about a little guest appearance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored this movie. It's my favorite of the HP movies because it's its own story and I don't have to compare (and fail) it to the books. I loved Jacob (no-maj). He was my favorite and I got a little weepy too. I did make the connection of who Graves really is because of his hairstyle and the necklace he wears. I'm excited to see the other 4 movies when they come out and can't wait to see how things play out.

    And, I can't remember for the life of me what you're talking about at the end, unless it's the baking shop scene? Is that it? I need to see it again now because I know I missed so much the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this movie. Didn't think it was boring at all. I agree, though, that Newt needed subtitles. His mumbling got difficult to understand. Glad you enjoyed this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this yet. It has been hard to get out to see movies lately. We've been waiting for Redbox to get them in. I want to see this though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails