Monday, October 10, 2016

The Nanowrimo Dilemma




So I've done this fun writing event called Nanowrimo for three years in a row. I finished the first book, and only half finished the other two. That makes me so sad. I loved writing those stories! I wonder if I'll ever get back to them.

But the dilemma, and I bet you can guess it. Should I do it this year? It's like coming up in mere weeks! But, as you know, I'm not feeling the writing thing like I have the past three years, but yeah, this truly might get me going again.

But, I just don't know.

Is there anyone out there reading this that is going to do it this year? Like TRULY do it? Like really commit to it? Because if I have buddies, ones that will chat with me and share pieces with me and moan with me, then maybe... maybe... I'll try it again.

If I'm on my own, I don't think I have it in me.

And then there's the question of what I'd write. All my ideas sound so lame right now. The only thing I want to do is write kdrama fan fiction, which is just...silly. Or write the book I wish Kill the Boy Band would have been...so also a sort of fan ficiton... which, yeah,  cracks me up.

What is fan fiction anyway? Taking someone else's story and messing with it to make it your own? But it's different than a retelling, right? You use their characters?  You use their world? The plot is pretty much the same, but you change up the characters? I don't know!!!

Really, how would you define this?

Because maybe, if I don't have to think up all my own stuff, I can try it.

Maybe.

So... fan fiction, with a buddy or two...can this happen?




5 comments:

  1. I'm going to do it this year. I did it the first time last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you wrote the book you hoped Kill The Boy Band would have been rat it wouldn't be fan fic or a retelling. Just your own take on an idea. I hope you find someone to write with you and participate. If I could think of a single idea I'd join you but my brain just doesn't seem capable of coming up with anything anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't commit to it this year. I know I say that every year, but I really can't this year. Ugh. I want you to do it, though, because I know you love it. I hope you find some buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I maybe possibly possibly might. Maybe. I loved doing it three years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know where I stand, and I'm hoping for a much better year than all the other ones combined. Maybe this year will finally be the year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails