Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Movie Review: Insurgent

Movie: Insurgent
Genre: YA Dystopian Drama
Starring: Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Theo James
Rating: PG 13
My Rating: One thumb up

I don't know, it was a fine fun movie, but I guess it didn't blow me away or anything. As my husband says, it's a middle movie/book, so what can you expect?

This movie is mostly about Tris having to deal with surviving all five (is it five?) tests that Janine puts her through in order to get the mysterious box open. The box with a message. The message that lets everyone know what's REALLY going on! Thus, much of the movie are these simulations and sometimes you get tricked into not know what's real and what's not and thus getting a little feel for what Tris is going through.

There's lots of Four to enjoy  and lots of Caleb (aka. Ansel aka. Gus, which is really trippy after seeing TFiOS) to get frustrated with. Peter was also quite the fascinating character in this movie.
I don't know, but he kinda scares me.
With Caleb and Peter
During a simulation

I didn't remember a thing from the book, which made for a better movie experience I think. Though I still have suspicions that the movie ended very differently from the book. I don't know. Someone (aka Jenni) will have to tell me.

Anyway, I still say see it. Go and enjoy!

Here's the trailer:


16 comments:

  1. I agree peter made this movie and yes this movie was different from the book-- my daughter told me lol
    There wasn't enough shirtless Four parts and Caleb looked funny running and I could have sworn that his mom was more Octiva than Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie: LOL! Love your thoughts on this movie! :)

      Delete
  2. I'll wait for this to come to Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably for the best that you can't remember the book too well according to Jenni. This way you could enjoy both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The movie is WAY different from the book. WAY different. It's not just the ending. That whole box thing is an added plot for the movie only. Taking the movie by itself, it's good. But, as an adaptation, I thought it fell flat because it changed so much of the story. But, yes, I loved see all of Four. I wish there was more kissing like in the book, lol. And, I couldn't get over Ansel Angort not being Gus. It bugged, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: Wasn't there something that held a message that they heard finally in the end?

      Delete
    2. the message was in Janine's personal data device. The message was delivered by Tris's grandmother.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Jenni E, it is different. I couldn't remember much from the book, but I kept thinking, the movie should jog my memory. I knew the box was new, and I questioned the ending. When I got home I reread the ending... Now I remember! Still, I liked the movie, and of course, the book is better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candy: I might have to go look up the ending too!

      Delete
  6. I was hoping someone here would spoil the ending! lol I enjoyed the movie but also had the impression that it was very different b/c it didn't jog my memory at all! I'll have to go skim the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be honest, I only love this movie (not the books sadly) because of Theo James! Such an attractive man, and that is all. haha. I don't find him creepy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jillian: Atractive? Agreed! But still, the looks he gives... so intense. Which is good, but... scary! :)

      Delete
  8. I think the movies are better than the books. They really changed the movie from the book. I had to go home and do some quick scanning to orient myself again. I think Four is hunkalicious! I think they cast him better than I ever pictured him when I was reading the book. And I love all the vinegar in Tris, they make a great combination. I know I'll go, but I'm not looking forward to the last movie. Maybe they will change the ending.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails