Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Travel Themed Books
I had fun with this prompt! I think I could have listed a ton more! But see what you think of these books with/about/including travel.
Top Ten Travel Themed Books
1. The Long Walk by Sławomir Rawicz (walking through Siberia/Mongolia/China to escape prison camp)
2. Follow the River by Alexander Thom (following the Ohio River to get back home after being kidnapped)
4. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson (hiking the Appalachian Trail)
5. Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (floating down the Mississippi)
6. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry (going on a cattle drive)
7. Paper Towns by John Green (a road trip to find your friend)
6. Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo (exploring the Louisiana Purchase with Lewis and Clark)
8. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (on a quest to get rid of the One Ring)
9. Ordeal by Hunger by George R. Stewart (a pioneer company gets stuck in Nevada)
10. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell (space travel to other planets)
Some awesome books in this list! And finally a few that I've not mentioned before! (Sometimes I feel like I'm listing the same books over and over and over again.)
What fun travel books should I be reading? I think I love them actually. Be sure to come and link up over at The Broke and the Bookish!