Friday, April 2, 2010

Review: We The Children by Andrew Clements

Book: We The Children by Andrew Clements 
Genre: MG
Rating: B
For: ARC Challenge
From: the publisher (Simon and Schuster)
Release date: April 6, 2010

I got this one awhile back, but I've managed to read (and now review) it before its release date! Yeah for me!

I love Andrew Clements so I  jumped on the chance to read this one. This is the first book of a series called Benjamin Pratt and the Keepers of the School. Ben goes to this old school built near the beach, and the bad guys want to come in and tear it down in order to make a resort. Well, Ben has been commissioned, in a curious and unusual way, to make sure that does not happen! He ends up going on a sort of treasure hunt, gathering different clues about the school, its founders and history, and what he can do to help.

It's cute story that appears to be a fun start to great new series that elementary kids will enjoy, especially if they like the mystery of treasure hunting. It also has the added elements of parental stress, romantic issues, and bullies to deal with, all the fun things that make a middle grade book interesting.

I must say though, that it didn't grab me and make me smile near as much as some of his other books, ( I loved No Talking, for example) but that's mostly just because I'm a big, boring person, you see. Still, it's going to be a fun series and one I'll recommended to my little friends.

For more on author Andrew Clements click here.
From more about Keepers of the School, click here.

Other Reviews:

Books and Movies
2 Kids and Tired Book Reviews
Bookfoolery and Babble

1 comment:

  1. I have this one too. Haven't gotten to it yet, but it looks like a fun, quick read.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails