Wednesday, October 3, 2007

September Recap

My Cabots: trying to catch up and read them all

How to Be Popular by Meg Cabot
Shadowland by Meg Cabot (the first in the Mediator series)

My favorite: Shadowland... very excited to start this series... waiting now for the 2nd one to become available at the library.

My YA’s/Teens: for Book Fair preparation

Incantation by Alice Hoffman
The Old Willis Place by Mary Downing Hahn
Code Orange by Caroline B. Cooney
Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell
Igraine the Brave by Cornelia Funke

My favorite: Song of the Sparrow... another take on the King Arthur story

My Challenges: really falling behind with these!!!

Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
Sea Glass by Anita Shreve

My favorite: I really liked them both, but I’d say Angle of Repose edged out Sea Glass just a bit!

One left over: read for no reason but just because someone somewhere mentioned it and I thought... "sounds good!"

Castle Dor by Arthur Quiller-Couch and Daphne du Maurier: another take on the Tristan/Isolde story, a story I can’t resist in any form!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just lurved Angle of Repose. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read anything by Stegner, but I have a huge stack of his books that my mom let me borrow. I keep saying, "Someday!" I may just have to nudge Angle of Repose to the top of a nightstand stack.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails