Monday, August 27, 2007

Catching Up on Markus Zusak books



Book: Getting the Girl by Markus Zusak
Rating: A-


Book: Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak
Rating: A


After reading The Book Thief, and The Messenger, I decided I needed to read all of this author's books. These two are sort of a series, along with Underdog.... I think. I'm still looking for Underdog.

They are about Cameron Wolfe and his brother, Ruben, and the interesting, but fantastic relationship that they have. These books are gritty and rough, but with a ton of heart and lots of amazing lessons to learn. I LOVE this Cameron character and am cheering for him with all I've got!

I also LOVE Markus Zusak and his writing style. So simple, yet powerful. Very hard to describe. But gritty, like I said. I will for sure be finding the rest of what he's written so far, and keeping my eye on whatever he sends our way in the future.

Here's a link to an interview he gave with Charlie Gibson about The Book Thief. See what you think: http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1737821


3 comments:

  1. I've only read I Am the Messenger, and I am quite the fan already. He's only 30? and so cute.
    After watching the clip, I can't wait to get The Book Thief. It's on order now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book Thief was so good, I can't imagine reading any of his other books! I have been on the lookout for I am the Messenger though. I didn't know there were any others!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on that cuteness factor! And such a fun Australian accent! Let me know what you guys think of the his other books after you get them and read them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails