Thursday, August 6, 2026

July 2026 Reading Check In


 Here's what I read (and listened to) this month:


My Next Breath by Jeremy Renner: A memoir about his terrible Snocat accident three years ago. He describes in graphic detail what happened, and then how he found the strength to recover. It's quite the story and he tells it in a very unforgettable way. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Seeking Persephone by Sarah M. Eden: I listened to this on our road trip... I book I've heard about for years but never managed to fit in. It was perfect for road trip listening! A lovely regency romance that has now been turned into a TV series. Have you watched or read it?⭐⭐⭐⭐


The Other Bennet Sister by Janice Hadlow: Lots and lots of buzz around this one with the new TV series and all. So I listened to it on they way home from the road trip. It was fun to see all these familiar events from Mary's POV, but it did tend to drag for me in the end. Still I gave it ⭐⭐⭐⭐


Emerald Shadow Golden Whisper by J. A. Bennett: A really fun re-imagining of Robin Hood... a Robin Hood romantasy as it's being marketing. Robin Hood and Marian with magic. So good! ⭐⭐⭐⭐


Every Beat After by Sara B. Larson: The first adult book for this author. A sweet romance that is both heart warming and heart breaking. Set in a Swedish bakery about a girl who is struggling with the aftermath of getting a heart transplant. She meets the cousin of her roommate and sparks fly, in all the ways both good and bad. I loved it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


That's what I read! How about you! This month of August is YA reading for me... YA'GUST! (More on that in another post.) I can't wait to get to a bunch of books I've been neglecting.

Here's a few pictures of what I've been up to this past month.

Three years old!

Wedding number 2 of the month!

The finale of our trip... sunset on the beach while flying kites. So perfect!

Wedding number 1 of the month, which turned out to be a sibling trip!

Lots of grandkid tending!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails