Thursday, October 11, 2018

Kdrama Review: Lawless Lawyer

Drama: Lawless Lawyer
Genre: courtroom drama and suspense
Starring: Lee Joon Gi, Seo Ye Ji, Lee Hye Young
Rating: ❤ ❤ ❤


So I watched this one purely for the leading guy. (He is mostly known for starring in Scarlet Heart.) The subject and story ended up not that interesting to me. It's ALL about revenge. The bad guys (which happens to be the judge and the mayor of this little town) killed the lawyer's mom back when he was just 10 years old. And he is raging mad still, as one would be. And he is out to get them... using the law. Even though he'd rather just beat them to death, literally. Because he could actually do that.

And our leading girl's back story is all mixed up in his back story also. She is also a lawyer but gets suspended for slugging the judge (or the prosecutor?) and yeah. So she ends up partnering with our guy and together, along with their quirky crazy team of thug helpers, work to take down the powers that lead this town.

It's really quite awesome. But as I said, I sort of got bored with the actual story after awhile, but it was too late and I was invested enough to see it through. I also had issues with the villains. They were just SO BAD that I couldn't stand it when they were on screen and they had  A LOT of screen time. I really enjoy the dramas where I feel more sympathetic to the villains you know? And when I'm all wrapped up in their stories as much as the main characters. It makes things a lot more interesting. These guys were just awful.

Our lawyer and his smirk with a couple of his thug helpers

But our dude.. just watching him swagger throughout this story is so much fun. He definitely has a something about him. He's just.. so... COOL! There is a lot of violence and fighting, which is sometimes like "YES GET IT BOYS!" and sometimes too violent and I had to hide my eyes.

The bad judge lady

There was romance for about 2 minutes, and then that was over and forgotten about. So if you are in the mood for pretty much no romance and a lot of fighting and a strong no nonsense female lead and some courtroom antics, you'll enjoy this one I bet.

One of the tiny romance moments.

A tiny trailer:





And a song:


1 comment:

  1. I’m impressed you kept with it. It sounds a bit dry. And I would have been dying for more romance.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails