Sunday, May 27, 2018

Movie Review: A Quiet Place

Movie: A Quiet Place
Genre: Horror/suspense
Starring: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Millicent Simmonds
Rating: PG 13
My Rating: Two thumbs up


I really hadn't heard about this movie, I seem to be not in the right circles these days. But my daughter said, let's go to a movie and this one was the one she wanted. She'd heard a ton of great things about it. And so we went. I knew to be worried though. I knew it was going to be a bit... jumpy.. shall we say.

Which is sort of an understatement!

Anyway, the premise is this is our world awhile after an alien invasion. We first see this family as they are trying to get drugs at an abandoned pharmacy. (The scene reminded me a lot of Walking Dead scenes... rummaging through a store hoping to find what you need.) It becomes clear right away that it's very important not to be noisy. But that is not confirmed until a few more minutes into the movie... in a very big and traumatic terrible way.

Now we know. It's very very important not to make ANY noise.

Another year or so passes. The family seems to be surviving pretty well and has established a very quiet way of life. This is all thanks in part because they know sign language since their daughter is deaf.

We also see that the mom is now pregnant. Yeah, and so HOW THE HECK IS THAT GOING TO GO DOWN?

Well, you'll just have to watch the movie. All I can say is that it's VERY intense and VERY edge of your seat and.. yes... lots and lots of jumps. And yes.. it's so very very quiet. I was worried there would be no music, but thankfully there was. But lots of times there wasn't. And you know, the scenes in movies when a person is sneaking around and you are just waiting for something to jump out... this WHOLE movie is that way! AH!!! But then the characters can't scream!!! I was so exhausted by the end! LOL!

But it's a great scary movie because it is all about the suspense. I love that. These guys were all great actors too because they truly had to rely on actually acting... without hardly any dialogue. It was awesome.

And the ending. I just have to say, and hopefully it's not too much of a spoiler... BEST ENDING EVER! (Even despite some... stuff.) The audience reaction is the BEST too. It's all worth it for that.

So if suspense movies are your thing, don't miss this one.

Here's the trailer if you haven't seen it yet. Beware, even the trailer is pretty intense!


 

4 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you watched this. I didn't know you liked scary movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you like it. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My teens really want to see this one. I don't know if I could handle it or not. Ha ha. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails